1. From Tokyo Narita international airport (NRT);
You can either fly to Osaka Itami domestic airport (ITM) or take trains to Kyoto station;
(1) Flight from Narita to Osaka (ITM)
You should buy a ticket together with your international flight.
(From the Osaka Itami airport to your hotel, we recommend you to use a shared taxi called $B!H(BMK Skygateshuttle$B!I(B (2000 yen). There is also a limousine bus to Kyoto station (~60min.)
(2) By Train:
From Narita to Tokyo; Narita Express ( ~70 min. about every 30 min.)
From Tokyo to Kyoto; Shinkansen (Nozomi) ( ~150 min. about every 15 min.)
Price; 15830 yen for reserved seat
You can buy a ticket to Kyoto at the station of Narita airport.
2. From Kansai international airport (KIX);
1) From the airport to your hotel, we recommend you to use a shared taxi called "MK Skygateshuttle" (3000 yen).
2) There is a JR train from Kansai airport to Kyoto (called Airport Express $B!H(BHaruka$B!I(B). (75min. Every 30 min. Price; 3290 yen for a reserved seat ).
3. How to reserve a shared taxi "MK Skygateshuttle"
You should make a reservation via the web page
or via a phone, by two days before your arrival.
By phone their receptionist can speak English. You should inform them 1) arrival date and time, 2) flight number, 3) number of passengers, 4) number and size of your baggages, 5) name of your hotel, and 6) whether you want to use a credit card or not.
Please see also the following links: